Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Colocasia Diamond Head and Why Your Life is Incomplete Without It

While it's possible that I received the single greatest shipment of plugs ever, my gut's tellin me otherwise.  This plant is a stud.  Possibly even the Elephant Eared equivalent to Ensete.  Compared to the 6 other varieties that I've planted this season- it's way out in the lead for size, vigor, and overall appearance.  This is truly a "Sells Itself" variety.  Naturally, we're sold out.  I'm working on that.  You need this plant.  Several of them.  If you're a buyer for a garden center - you need dozens.  They're that hot. Just be prepared to forget every other dark leaved elephant ear out there, cuz it's over.  The game has changed...


4 comments:

  1. and now for the lowly gardener to track it down at a nursery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well to taunt us with "you need this plant" (and I do) and then say "Naturally we're sold out"... That's just not fair. Bet you have one, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just discovered this beautiful plant today, at my local nursery, the Cottage Nursery,Alford Lincs. England £3.95. Going back tomorrow for another one! having just read up about it. What a lucky find!!! June 5th 2011 19.26pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is easily one of the top studs in our program this year. Second only to Ensete from what I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete